Amazing two days in Golden Gate Park this weekend seeing some of the best performers of this time. Weather, beautiful. Crowd, manageable. Company, delightful. Eloise, happy. Who could ask for anything more? Me!
Beyond wanting Elvis to leave Diana for ME - I have one more request. Could we (I say "we" as in the people) STOP reserving spots we have no intention of using? What's the rule here? There were big, empty blankets all over the place in the most prime real estate and we all scrunched around a postage stamp piece of dirt not to encroach on these abandoned blankets tossed to and fro. Let's all align on this - five minutes away from a blanket in a concert area or public place and it becomes eminent domain. You with me on this?
We did have beautiful, clear-view, comfy spots in front of Richard Thompson and Elvis Costello and a woodsy fun setting for Dave Alvin and for that, I am eternally grateful. Here are some photos!

2 comments:
Hi Wendy! Good to hear news from you. Elvis Costello, wow. I had tickets to see him open for the Police in Utah, but alas, the move to Vegas interfered, and I believe I missed my chance to hear "Other side of Summer" live. Who knows, Vegas does have an amazing draw of artists.
Vegas made you miss Elvis but it gives you access to my true soul-mate, the man of my dreams, Penn Jillette.
Post a Comment